Welcome to the Guidance Page!
Providence Elementary School Counseling Program Vision Statement:
The students at Providence Elementary are respectful,
well-rounded, self-motivated, and resilient life-long learners. Through
the education provided by a premier school district, students are
confident in their ability to be dynamic in a competitive world. A
comprehensive school counseling program, supported by teachers, parents,
and stakeholders, will provide students with the life skills to be
successful and active participants in their community. Students reach
their highest potential by being self-advocates who are aware of their
responsibility to contribute positively in society.
Providence Elementary Counseling Program Beliefs:
- The school counseling program curriculum, direct and indirect services, program goals, and management are driven by school data.
- School counselors will advocate for students to receive an equitable education with access to all programs and resources.
- All students, regardless of socio-economic, racial, cultural, or developmental backgrounds, have the ability to learn.
- All students have the right to access services that are part of a data-driven, comprehensive, school counseling program delivered by a state certified school counselor.
- All students can be successful citizens in their communities.
- All students can be confident problem-solvers with the support of a comprehensive school counseling program and stakeholders.
Providence Elementary School Counseling Program Mission Statement:
The mission of the school counseling program at PES is to deliver comprehensive services to all students so that they are empowered to reach academic, social/emotional, and career success. The program will align with the standards of the Carroll County School District and Glanton Hindsman Elementary School to develop students that are globally competitive. The counseling program will work in accordance with administration, parents, teachers, and the community to advocate for access to services that meets the unique needs of every individual student. The ultimate goal of this mission is that every student, with the dedicated involvement of stakeholders, will be a part of our vision that all students can and will be college and career ready.
As the school counselor, I work to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that focuses on the academic, personal/social, and career needs of every student at Providence Elementary. The program consists of several services to promote academic success:
- Classroom lessons: the counselor delivers developmentally appropriate lessons on topics that students encounter on their grade level (i.e., bullying, character, friendship, careers)
- Individual counseling: the counselor provides one-on-one counseling sessions to students dealing with unique issues that prevent them from performing at their greatest potential in the classroom
- Group counseling: allows the counselor to work with several students at a time on issues that are best discussed in a group where peer support is crucial to student growth
- Consultation: working with teachers, parents, administrators, and other faculty to provide and receive information that creates a productive learning environment for all students
- Advocacy: working with community organizations who volunteer and provide other services such as mentor ship to empower the students of our school